We rely upon volunteers to help out with many aspects of our work, and they are integral to fulfilling our aims. We have some volunteers who like to work in our office, and others who like to work from home, and some a mix of both. Among the activities our volunteers help out with are:
- Maintaining our websites, social media channels and online newsletters.
- Helping to run stalls
- Organising conferences and events
- Undertaking field and desk research.
In addition, we also rely upon specialist volunteers to help out with translating materials between English, French and Spanish - see below.
We value our volunteers, and try to provide them with a fulfulling experience, that among other things, provides:
- an insight into the operation of a non-governmental organisation,
- a chance to learn about the social and environmental impacts of international trade, and
- an opportunity to develop your practical and interpersonal skills.
Banana Link’s international reach means that we are constantly working with partners in different parts of the world. As well as running a bi-lingual website (English and Spanish), the effectiveness of our work depends on being able to translate documents from and into Spanish and French. We rely almost exclusively on volunteers for this work, which can range from short news articles for our website to longer technical reports and documents.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer translator for Banana Link, please have a look over the short translation tests below see if you would be interested in the kind of translations you may be asked to undertake. Please download the application form below and email it to our Translation Coordinator, Romina Oliveira, at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the test translation in your language combination. We will look over your form and tests to assess your level of translation ability and we will aim to get back to you within a month.
- Test for translation from English into Spanish and French
- Test for translation from French into Spanish and English
- Test for translation from Spanish into English and French
- Translation volunteer application form
The guidance documents below are used by our translation volunteers to help them in undertaking translation work for Banana Link.
Local Supporters' Network
Click here to sign-up to the Local Supporters' Network - we will keep you up to date about volunteer opportunities, and also send you information about jobs, campaigning events and other initatives from key Banana Link partners. You will also automatically be added to our Make Fruit Fair mailing list to receive campaign action requests and newsletters.